Guide To: Hillsboro Village Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
Hillsboro Village is a quaint, sophisticated enclave rooted between Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities, packed with cutesy boutiques, delicious but unpretentious food, and the city’s largest concentration of early 20th-century homes where (we can only imagine) professors and their students discuss the complex issues of the day. Take a walk down its tree-lined avenues, and you just might run into an indie movie, the best chilaquiles you’ve ever eaten, hordes of outdoor patios, fresh flower arrangements, coffee, ice cream and more.
To the east, Nashville’s famous Music Row is exactly that: chock full of the best in the business, making stars and cultivating every genre of music for the modern day. The nickname “Music City” followed another, however. In the late 1800s, Nashville attracted national attention as the “Athens of the South” due to its commitment to higher education. To seal the deal, an exact replica of the Parthenon at Centennial Park was born. Spend an afternoon walking through duck and lilypad-filled ponds, have a picnic lunch, or find new friends at a number of outdoor events. What more could a park possibly offer?
The universities nearby bring students, adding diversity and youth to the area; but despite its proximity to both campuses, Hillsboro Village isn’t just for the 20-somethings. Locals of all ages flock to its brunch spots, local shops, and greenspace. For those lucky enough to live in the area, the postcard-worthy small-town feel begs only one question: “why didn’t I arrive sooner?”.
If Hillsboro Village were a song, it would be….
“Beautiful Day” by U2
Architecture and Composition
Most of the area is residential with a dominance of single family homes. A historic overlay protects the greatest density of early 20th century homes in the city with styles including bungalows, foursquares, restored cottages, and tudors.
Restaurants, Bars, and Cafés:
- McDougal’s Chicken Fingers and Wings
- Biscuit Love
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar
- Pancake Pantry
- The Grilled Cheeserie
- Greenery Co
- Cabana Taps
- E3 Chophouse
- Pizza Perfect
- Taco Mama
- Urban Juicer and Eatery
- Kay Bob’s Grill and Ale
- Villager Tavern
- Belcourt Taps
Arenas and Venues:
West End Middle
Belmont University and Vanderbilt University
- Guide To: Inglewood Neighborhood In Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Lockeland Springs Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Oak Hill, TN
- Guide To: Sylvan Park Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: The Nations Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: West Meade Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: 12 South Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Belle Meade, TN
- Guide To: Charlotte Park Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Cleveland Park Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Crieve Hall Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Forest Hills, TN
- Guide To: Germantown Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Hillsboro Village Neighborhood in Nashville, TN
- Guide To: Green Hills Neighborhood in Nashville, TN